Recently I challenged members of both of my congregations to reach out and pray with their neighbors. In these chaotic times, many people are searching for hope and healing. What better time has there ever been to offer the peace and hope that comes in prayer to our Saviour?
I am so excited for this ministry that you are interested in starting with your neighbors! Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
- Each house will be prayed with briefly. Use the outline below if you’d like a template.
- Hi! My name is ________. I live in this neighborhood at _________ address (if comfortable sharing). I’m part of a group that cares about the spirituality of our neighbors and wants to adopt our neighborhoods and pray for each home. What can we pray for you about today? PRAY. Thank you so much for your time! (Leave as soon as you feel able. Do not stay and talk unless they begin a conversation and even then, keep it brief. NO TRACTS)
- Keep a record of which houses you talked to on which dates. (And if anyone did not answer!)
- You will need at least 1 person from each neighborhood to go door to door, however, it is ideal to go two by two as commanded in Mark 6:6-7 and Luke 10:1.
- Those who are not required for door-to-door can be at the home in the neighborhood praying.
I can’t wait to hear all of your stories of what God will do! I am praying for each of you and your neighborhoods specifically every day.